Look, if there is a superstition or tradition that promises good luck in the New Year, we’re going to do it. And probably do it twice. Eating black-eyed peas is one of those famous yearly traditions that we actually look forward to. Read on for some delicious black-eyed peas recipes on Pinterest to bring you luck in the new year.
1. Black-Eyed Peas Recipe via The Hungry Hutch
Take a note from Aaron and sprinkle some pickled cucumber relish on your finished dish. Nom. Get the recipe!
2. Southern Black-Eyed Peas via Chili Pepper Madness
Cajun spices kick this dish up a notch or three. Get the recipe!
3. BBQ Black-Eyed Pea Dip via My Forking Life
Green chiles, BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese? Yes, please. Get the recipe!
4. Best Ever Black-Eyed Pea Recipe via The Cookie Rookie
Bacon is (always) a necessity. Get the recipe!
5. Southern Black-Eyed Peas via Healthier Steps
6. Black-Eyed Pea Soup via The Defined Dish
This soup version includes nutrient-rich kale. Get the recipe!
7. Caribbean Black-Eyed Peas Soup via Holy Cow Vegan
This vegan, nut-free, soy-free and gluten-free dish is still packed with loads of flavor. Get the recipe!
Set yourself up for success with these 8 Things You Can Do Over the Holiday Break to Prep Yourself for a New Year.
Melody Rose Rowan is the Director of Content & Strategy for Blender Networks, Inc. When she’s not managing blogs for FitMinutes, The-E-Tailer, Cartageous, InStyleRooms, NurturedPaws & Shoelistic, she’s getting her fix of breakfast tacos and Topo Chicos in her hometown of Austin, TX with her husband and rescue dog, Jake, and attempting to keep up with her own blog, Mustache Melrose.